55 Years of Service - The Kirtland Kiwanis Club was chartered in 1958.
Our first meeting was held at Kirtland High School.
There were about 35 original charter members.
The first official meeting place for the club was the Kirtland Grange. We now meet weekly at the Kirtland Diner. Other locations for our meeting over the years have included the following:
The Brown Derby (Roadhouse)
The American Legion Hall
The L.D.S. Church
Key W. Kool's (The old LaVera Restaurant)
The Kirtland Public Library
The Kirtland Community Center
The Kirtland Diner
Our very first project as a club was to get a doctor for the Kirtland residents. Some of our early fundraisers included the sale of Chocolate Turtles and Fruitcakes, Cider, a Barbershop Quartet Festival, Tree Trimming, and 25 Men For a Day.
More recent fundraisers have included our Lemonade Trailer, and tent, table and chair rentals. We also originated the city holiday lighting program and the sending of Christmas cards to the residents of Golden Living Center and also Heartland of Mentor.